From Monday, the gaming community is lively discussing the potential of VALORANT, a new tactical shooter produced by League of Legends’ Riot Games. One of the main topics of all conversations and questions are the skills of individual heroes, through which the game began to be compared more to Overwatch than to Counter-Strike. Riot activists, however, ensure that all character talents will be only strategic assistants that are there to help on the battlefield, not to eliminate opponents. In this article, you will find all the information about the characters and their skills we currently know, that will be hosted in VALORANT on the day of the beta release.
- Incindiary – Throw an incendiary grenade that inflicts area-of-fire damage.
- Stim Beacon – Track a nearby location to summon a beacon that gives all nearby players speed.
- Signature Ability: Sky Smoke – Use your map to summon an orbital smoke screen that limits vision. Click to select the location and confirm to fire.
- Ultimate: Orbital Strike – Use your map to mark the location by shooting a devastating orbital impact that pulsates, dealing high damage in a matter of seconds.
- Cloudburst – Throw a cloud of fog that obstructs vision after a collision. Hold the skill button to change the cloud trajectory.
- Updraft – Bounce up after a short load
- Signature Ability: Tailwind – Instantly jump a short distance in the direction you are moving.
- Ultimate: Blade Storm – Get some killer flying knives that deal moderate damage and kill on headshots. Conquest kills all knives. The left button throws a single knife. Right click throws all remaining knives in quick succession.
- Free Ability: Trapwire – Place a hidden wire between two walls. The opponents will be immobilized and revealed for a short time. If the trap is not destroyed, it activates, stunning the imprisoned victim. Can be raised.
- Cyber Cage – Throw away the remotely activated trap. Activate again to create a cage that slows down enemies who pass through it. Look at the trap and press USE to detonate it or hold ACTIVATE to detonate all.
- Signature Ability: Spycam – Create a remote camera. After creating it, use it again to see the camera view. When you use the camera preview, you can use the left mouse button to launch the tracking arrow. It renews when you pick up a camera or kill a rival with it.
- Ultimate: Neural Theft – Get information from the opponent’s body, showing the location of all living rivals.
- Paranoia – Send an ethereal shadow in a straight line, limiting the visibility of everyone it touches.
- Shadow Walk – After a short time, dematerialize and teleport over a short distance.
- Signature Ability: Dark Cover – Create a hidden ethereal sphere that becomes an obscuring shadow circle at your destination. Charging will increase the distance.
- Ultimate: From the Shadows – Choose anywhere on the map to teleport and reform. Upon arrival, you will appear as a shadow that will return to your original location if killed. When the teleport ends, become immaterial for a short time.
- Hot Hands – Ejects a ball of fire that explodes after a short time or collision with the ground. The circle of fire damages opponents and heals you.
- Blaze – Creates a wall of fire that blocks vision and deals damage to anyone who passes through it. You can bend the wall while casting by holding down the left mouse button.
- Signature Ability: Curveball – Throws a flare that explodes after a short time, temporarily blinding everyone who looks at it. The left mouse button bends the trajectory to the left, right analogously to the right.
- Ultimate Ability: Run it Back – Marks your current location. If you die during the skill or its duration ends, you will be reborn in the marked location in full health.
- Snakebite – Launch a projectile that explodes, creating a stain of the damaging acid.
- Posion Cloud – Cast a gas emitter that you can reactivate to create a poison cloud at the expense of fuel. The emitter can be raised and cast again after a short wait.
- Signature Ability: Toxic Screen – Arrange a long line of gas emitters that can be reactivated to create a high wall of toxic gas at the expense of fuel.
- Ultimate Viper’s Pit – Create a huge toxic cloud in a large area that floats as long as Viper is in it. Opponents inside the cloud are highlighted for Viper.
- Slow Orb – Eject a radiant ball that explodes when collided with the ground, creating a slowing area.
- Barrier Orb – Construct a large, solid wall. Use the right button to rotate the wall before use.
- Signature Ability: Healing Orb – Heal your ally or yourself to full health in a matter of seconds.
- Ultimage: Resurrection – Select the ally’s body. After a short time, resurrect them.
- Shock Bolt – Launch an exploding arrow that emits a shocking pulse of static energy on impact.
- Owl Drone – Place a remote-controlled drone that can fire an arrow to reveal hit rivals.
- Signature Ability: Recon Bolt – Launch the arrow that applies the sonar. It, in turn, pings upcoming enemies, revealing them. It can be destroyed.
- Ultimate: Hunter’s Fury – Launch up to three deadly energetic explosions that spread throughout the map. Each enemy hit takes considerable damage and is marked.
Let us remind you that the premiere of VALORANT will take place in the summer of 2020. At the moment, we also don’t know when exactly we can expect beta testing to start.