Two weeks before the end of Act II, Riot Games released a new VALORANT update. This one was marked with the number 1.09 and introduces a few balance changes. The Operator which received a solid nerf from the developers was hit the most.
The best sniper rifle in the game has increased by as much as 500 credits in price, which will definitely be felt both in terms of the purchase of weapons and its possible loss during the exchange of fire. Additionally, the approximate movement speed and overall rate of fire.
“Leaning around the corner with the Operator for aggressive players is way too effective (especially if it’s done with jumping). […] The operator is still a strong weapon when leaning around a corner, but it will be much easier to punish players who abuse it,” Max “Orcane” Grossman, the main character designer, explained the changes.
Speaking of the heroes, they too saw changes — changes that affected as many as five agents. We definitely don’t have good news for Jett fans who loved to punish rivals with a special skill. Now it will be much more difficult, among others due to the decrease in damage dealt depending on the distance.
The other extreme was the Viper, which got more fuel to power her skills right from the start. The Viper’s Nest has also been buffed, because in it the heroine will now move a bit faster and will also draw weapons faster. Minor modifications also affected Omen, Reyna and Brimstone.
- Updated Paranoi projectile VFX to better reflect the hitbox, especially if the projectile is flying towards the player
- The time between consecutive Bladestorm bursts increased from 0.33 to 0.45 seconds
- Burst throwing daggers now have a damage falloff that starts at 12 meters and gradually decreases to 35. damage at maximum value
- Headshot multiplier on streak reduced from 3x to 2x
- Viper now starts the round with 100 fuel (was 50)
- The weakness in the form of Susceptibility from Venomous Bite lasts 2 seconds after exiting Viper acid
- Movement speed doubled when using Viper Nest
- After using the Viper Nest, Viper can quickly draw a weapon. This time varies depending on its type, but the average delay time of the weapon will drop by 0.4 seconds
- Bonus rate of fire when using the Empress skill reduced from 25% to 15%
- Rate of fire bonus from the Pacing Transmitter increased from 10% to 15%
- Cost increased from 4,500 to 5,000 credits
- Movement speed while zooming in from 76% to 72%
- Weapon’s dead zone has been adjusted to lower its inaccuracy threshold from 30% move speed to 15% (it becomes inaccurate faster and returns to its original accuracy longer after cessation of fire)
- Rate of fire reduced from 0.75 to 0.6
- Immediate equip time adjusted from 0.3 to 0.5 seconds (Immediately equips after using a bullet, defusing / planting a bomb, Jett’s Cloud Cover, and Phoenix’s Curled Ball)
- Shot to the foot damage reduced from 127 to 120
- All weapons
- Jump status inaccuracy changed from gradual to binary
- The duration of inaccuracy after jumping increased from 0.2 to 0.225 seconds
- Jump inaccuracy increased from 5.0 to 7.0 (greater inaccuracy is valid for 0.225 seconds after landing)
Ranked Game Updates
- With this patch, the chances of getting stuck in a queue of more than an hour should be significantly reduced
- Riot ID checking. Players reported to have inappropriate Riot IDs will now be automatically checked at the end of the game. If their name is flagged as inappropriate, they’ll have to change their Riot ID the next time they log into the Riot client
- Removed multi-line breaks in chat. Some trolled others with messages that looked like system messages, prompting them to leave the game. Enough of this!
- Changes to push-to-talk group chat settings will take effect immediately
- The chat window can be set to stay open in any menu
- Community panel sorting logic. The community panel sorting algorithm has been updated to make it much more intuitive for players to interact with
- Fixed an issue where Sova’s hitbox was incorrect when using the Owl Drone
- Fixed an issue where Omen’s glowing eyes would not disappear when he canceled his ulta
- Fixed an issue that resulted in the Custom Game preferences being deleted after exiting the Custom Game Lobby